Winners 2010 Gallery
These are the photos and the winning video from the 2010 shootout competition. What amazing weeks we had on Christmas Island. Great weather on most days and visibility of 50 metres – whale sharks, mantas, hammerheads and more – check out the winning images and winning video below.
Marine Visions IV Art competition winners are at the bottom of this page.
Best Festival Video
- 1st prize – Kieren Curry – Light & Motion LED Sunray-1200 Video light.
- 2nd prize – Jon Faulkner – 3 night/4 dive Dive/Accommodation package at Planula Divers Retreat with Byron Bay Dive Centre for one person – PLUS a $500 Light & Motion Lighting voucher from Scubapix
Best Festival Photograph – SLR camera
- 1st prize – Lynton Burger – a 4 Day dive holiday with Aquamarine Diving and The Watergarden Hotel – includes breakfasts, lunches and taxes for one person – PLUS a $500 Ultralight Control Systems voucher from Scubapix
- 2nd prize – David Baxter- a Beuchat full wetsuit – PLUS a $500 Technical Lighting Control (TLC) voucher from Scubapix
- 3rd prize – Peter Trayhurn – an aunoc 4TEN Dive Light
- Special Mention – David Baxter
Best Festival Portfolio – 5 images
- 1st prize – Rob Reynolds – Full Beuchat SCUBA package including first and second stage regulators, occy & BCD as well as fins & mask.
- 2nd prize – Lani Timbrell – 4 Days/3 Nights Cocotinos Dive Package for one diver in Manado, Sulawesi. PLUS a $500 Aquatica voucher from Scubapix
- 3rd prize – Kirsty Faulkner – an aunoc 4TEN Dive Light
Best Festival Photograph – Compact camera
- 1st prize – Matt Timbrell – choice of Ikelite SLR housing (inc port) / video housing or DS-161 deluxe strobe package
- 2nd prize – Linda Cash – a Beuchat freediving 2 piece wetsuit in new pacific cammo – PLUS a $500 Gates voucher from Scubapix
- 3rd prize – Rob Reynolds – an aunoc 1CR Dive Light
Best Festival Photograph – Novice & Sealife Camera Try Outs
- 1st prize – Kirsty Faulkner – a Sealife DC1200 camera
- 2nd prize – Allison Millcock – a $500 Light & Motion Housing voucher from Scubapix – PLUS one year membership to Divers Alert Network (DAN) Asia-Pacific
Marine Visions IV – Underwater Photo Art Competiton
- 1st Prize – James Livingstone – Choice of FROG Cobalt Weight Integrated BCD (value $900) or FROG Indigo wing BCD with aluminium backplate (value $1049) PLUS one case of MadFish wine*
- 3rd Prize – Peter Trayhurn – FROG signal marker buoy (value $150)
(*) over 18 year old Australian residents only – international winners may chose to pay their own freight
Thank you all sponsors!
The Underwater Festival™ would like to say a huge thank you to all the prize sponsors – without you, this festival would be only half as much fun.
See the winners of the 2007 shoot-out competition on the uf07 archive site.